Tuesday 24 December 2019

Nelson Mandela's Story

Here is another Summer Learning Journey post for Day 2 Week 2 Activity 1 year 6-8.  For this task I was told to act like I was Nelson Mandela when he was in prison and have a journal for the days he spent in there ( 27 years) and try to write down how he felt and lived and I had to make it very descriptive. What I found hard while making this post was trying to figure out how he felt because you would not be happy in a prison! Here is a post about Nelson Mandela's Story.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sophie,

    I really enjoyed reading your journal entries for Nelson Mandela. I think you are right, it is hard to imagine what it would be like for somebody in prison. But I think you did a good job of capturing how exhausting and frustrating it would be.

    Do you like writing longer stories like this? I really like your writing style, it is very descriptive. I also like how you chose to end your story with a question, to keep us wondering about what will happen next. Do you ever write journal entries for yourself? It can be quite a relaxing activity.

    Of course we know that Nelson Mandela didn’t go back to prison. He went on to become President of South Africa and ended apartheid, it’s hard to believe isn’t it?

    Keep on blogging :)

    Beren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment, Beren! For some reason I do like to write more then others but it does not come in handy when we write our own stories mine takes the longest because I have lots of writing! I have started to write journal entries and I like just hanging out in my room writing some things in my journal! It's so amazing how Mandela went to prison and then he became President of South Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.