Tuesday 21 April 2020

The Last Post

The Last Post is a song that honours the men that were lost during the war. For this task we had to listen to that and then write 6-10 sentences about how it made us feel. What I found hard while making this post was trying to put my feelings into words. Here is my writing about The Last Post!


The Last Post
This song is made to symbolise the end of war. When I listen to it, there are parts
where there is hope but other parts that are full of sorrow. It demands silence.
It gives people time to think about the past. I feel as if I can feel the gooey
mud oozing up my body in the deep trenches, as if I can hear the gunshots
powering above my head and the buzzing flies, nesting on innocent men
who have fallen. That’s what they would have gone through. The brave soldiers
who fought for our lives will never be forgotten.


LEST WE FORGET

2 comments:

  1. Sophie I think you conveyed your feelings very clearly here. While reading your post I could picture in my mind some of the scenes you were describing. As sad and horrific as they were it is so important that we remember what they went through for all of us isn't it.
    Well done Sophie!
    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fantastic comment, Mrs C! Yes, that is true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.