Tuesday 21 April 2020

How To Make Paint

A fun task that we got to do during lockdown was making paint! To make paint you need to have 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of salt, 1 cup of water and food colouring. I added the flour first but I only put in 3/4 of a cup because I would use it later on. Then I added some food colouring and mixed the two together. After that I gradually added little bits of water while stirring. Don't add lots of water at a time because otherwise it will be really watery. Then I started adding the salt in little bits too. So I would mix in a pattern water, salt, water, salt. Add little bits of flour if it is watery. I did this until I got the colour I wanted and the texture was thick and drizzly. What I found hard while making paint was adding little bits of water in because sometimes the cup slipped out of my hands. Here are some pictures of my paint! 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool Sophie. What are you going to paint with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good comment, Mrs C! I was thinking about finishing off painting my bird house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.