Wednesday 3 April 2019

The Last Straw

Our class is going to be working around our new topic for the next two weeks which is Anzac Day and this is our first activity. We had to write a three piece poem about what one of the soldiers in the picture felt or saw when they were at war in the drench. I have written about the man standing up holding a gun upright with a hat on it. Here it is!



The days grow long, as we fight for freedom
thinking about the past, and the future
as I remember the happy times, with peace and love
the times of war nightmares hit me

This is the end of my story
although they will remember me
I will live in their hearts forever
for I fought for their lives

The war has ended
even though the poppies still grow
in the field where the dead lay
Anzac day is on its way

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie Haylee here. Wow Sophie I was impressed with all of the describing words you used in this poem because you described how you felt really well. Maybe next time you can come and see me blog. Kind regards Haylee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the awesome comment, Haylee. I going on your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your cool as post i like your photo of the people in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Sophie my name is Tane your poem was very interesting how you put lots of interesting words. maybe next time you could put more detail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the cool comment, Tane. I will remember to do that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi i like how you showed how you did hard work and your video was so amazing because it is cool that you are learning about little red riding hood. i loved how you were so helpful and kind for tina.Mabey you should try on your spelling and your picturs.

    Whats your favrouit food and why is that your fravroit movie?

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.