Tuesday 24 March 2020

Persuasive Writing About Australia

Here is one of the persuasive writing tasks given to us while we are not at school. For this post we had to pick a card that told you what you were to write about. I had to write about why this boy doesn't want to go to Australia and then I had to write reasons about why he didn't want to go. While making this post I found it hard to the get the right information and facts of the web. Here is my Persuasive Writing About Australia!


Australia

Antarctica is one of the coldest places on earth but do you know what
the hottest place is? You guessed it, Australia! It’s highest temperature
ever recorded is a whopping 50.7 degrees. It would be dangerous
not to wear sunscreen! I really don’t think I want to go to Australia
if I am going to be roasted like a marshmallow! So here are three reasons
why me going to Australia is a bad idea.


Danger
Did you know that Australia has more deadly snakes than any other
country in the whole world? Scary isn’t it? Along with three deadly
species of shark surrounding it which are The Great Whites,
Tiger Sharks and Bull Sharks. Have you ever heard of the
Blue-ringed Octopus? It’s on the list of the most dangerous
animals in Australia and with enough venom to kill 26 adults
in minutes, it is DEADLY! But while the Blue-ringed octopus
is only ON the list, The Box Jellyfish is the most dangerous
animal in the WHOLE of AUSTRALIA! It is also the most
venomous creature on EARTH! It will kill you within two minutes
if you receive two metres or more of its tentacles and if a tentacle
touches you it will hurt really badly too.

 Economic and Finance Issues
Did you know that 731,000 children in Australia are in poverty?
Bad isn’t it. A huge 17.5% of children under 15 in Australia are in
poverty. There is also a gap between the rich and poor people in
Australia. Along with Unemployment, Housing affordability and
Cost of Living.

How home is so great
Did you know that New Zealand is one of the safest and happiest
countries in the world? That’s where I live! We have the Kiwi,
annoying Kea and of course Do Duck Bakery! I think I would
rather stay home by the fire with a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Shopping at the warehouse would be fun and the Movie Theatre
could be cool. I think I would like to stay home and relax instead
of going on a long plane ride to Australia.

On second thought it would be a great family trip, so why don’t
you and your parents just go without me. I really don’t want to go
because there are heaps of dangerous animals, I would hate to
see homeless people on the streets and I don’t want to leave New Zealand!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie.
    What a great piece of writing. "Roasted like a marshmallow" was my favourite part of your writing. I can picture this in my head!
    When I lived in Australia, I only saw snakes in the zoo - thank goodness .. I think i would've screamed if I saw one in my backyard.
    Keep up the great work.
    Take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great comment, Julie! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful piece of writing Soph, it is all so informative. Like Julie I also lived in Australia, I was always so nervous I would see spiders and snakes. I feel so safe living here in New Zealand. I like how you have written about all your favourite things here. Do you not think you would ever go to Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fantastic comment, Miss Wilson! I actually have been to Aussie a couple of times and I loved it but because I have to persuade the character not to go, I had to find all the bad things about it. Sadly! I haven't been to the outback though only Victoria, Melbourne and Gold Coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.