Thursday 16 August 2018

The Plastic Toy Shop

In class we have been learning how to describe what we can see in a picture. Our picture was of a plastic toy shop. The success criteria were to use interesting precise verbs and nouns, use my senses smell,feeling,sensation,doing,sight,sounds, use adjectives to describe people and things, use present tense and extend my sentences by adding detail. I think I have used all of success criteria There was also a challenge which was to hook the reader in at the start, begin each sentence in a different way and use similes, onomatopoeia and alliteration. I think I have hooked the reader in at the start and I have began each sentence in a different way but I did not use any similes, onomatopoeia or alliteration. So I need to use those things in my next describing the picture. Here is my describing the picture writing.


I creep through the plastic kingdom and feel disgusted as I spot all of the luminous coloured toys that are all kinds of different creatures. The sound of the employee clicking the keys as she types is annoying me.
Plastic is everywhere! The vivid colours are blinding me and the rubber smell is drowning into my nose. Sunset yellow ducks are one of the toys that are clustered together with lots of other neon creatures. Dark coloured cars with streaks of rainbow are lying on the packed shelves along with a variety of long shotguns with lots of accessories. I feel like I am drowning down deep into the waters of an ocean full of plastic.
People buy a toy, play with it and they just throw away, either because they are cheap or because they are broken. The anger in me is growing as I think about what is going to happen to all of these toys. Will they go into a landfill? Or into shallow waters of a beach? All I know is that none of these things are recyclable. What emotion should I have? Should I be sad because lots of sea animals might die. Or be angry because people are using too much plastic. I am starting to change my mind about going swimming in the ocean today because I might come face to face with a whole lot of plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.