Monday 19 March 2018

Swimming

In Room 5 we are learning how to describe in present tense. We described what it was like when we swam against other people, in races at the school swimming pool. This is my piece of writing.

Swimming Race

Beeeeep! Splosh! I dive into the pool. I zoom through the cold water bobbing my head up and down. Energetic at the start, but now I’m puffed in the middle, I am trying to go my hardest to win, now nearly at the end here we go. ”Whack ow!” I just hit my head really badly on the wall. “Yay! I’m first.” The crowds are all calling my name, “ Sophie Sophie, you’re amazing!” In a kind of roaring sound.

I am really scared that in my next race,backstroke I will cut my foot on the sharp red and blue lane rope. I’m waiting in the queue to go and start backstroke. My group is in the pool, I am getting ready by clinging my arms to the wall and my knees nearly touching my chin.  “Ready!Set!Go!” The race is on, the chlorinated bitter water is getting all into my mouth. All of this transparent water is making me thirsty. I am splashing around in the pool determined to get first in the race.

The pool starts to get shallow and I can touch the bottom. “Why did somebody’s hand just touch my head?” When I  turn around there is a lady with golden short hair with a timer right in front of me. I climb out of the pool and sit on the wet, but warm bench with my fluffy pink towel around me.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie, I really like your detailed writing. You have done a great job describing the race and in between the races. Maybe next time you could extend your sentences a bit more.
    From Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your interesting comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting story I really like the was you explained how you were feeling. You seemed to remember every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good story very descriptive. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your thoughtful comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.