Thursday 21 January 2021

Pixel Art

This is my first Summer Learning Journey post and I am SO excited to be settling down and getting into a routine. I have finished the post for 20th January 2021. This activity was all about pixel art. The first instruction given was to read about how digital images work and then I had to watch a video explaining what pixels actually are. Then I had to go on a website called Pixel art maker. Then, since it's summer I had to draw some pictures of things that relate to this holiday season. After that I had to post it on my blog and make a description of the drawings. Many of you may be familiar with the Pixels movie but, Pixels are actually things that have to do with screens and pictures! Which I will explain to you in the next post. It was pretty hard to draw free hand on a computer especially while drawing the wave. I have drawn a strawberry flavoured ice cream with a waffle cone and rainbow sprinkles, a palm tree and a wave with swirls inside it to get the New Zealand feel.  

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Sophie,

    Molly here,

    Your pixels are amazing I like how you have just done the wave but have also put some swirls in it. What is your favourite pixel that you have drawn? It is great that you are doing the SLJ again this year. I am looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

    Nga mihi nui
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Sophie,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. It is awesome to see your first post and it is unfortunate that today is the last week of the Summer Learning Journey but you can still complete the activities after this week but will not receive points.

    I really like video games so I found this activity very interesting as pixel art is a big part of video games.

    This is an awesome post, you shared some great facts about pixels and I look forward to seeing more facts in your next post. I think your artwork looks amazing. I love all the detail you put into your wave with the different coloured swirls.

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Sophie,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ team.

    Ka pai! The is a great summery pixel art piece! I especially love the sprinkles on the ice cream - this is such a clever touch!

    Did you enjoy creating the pixel art?

    I agree, it is hard to draw with a mouse! Sometimes I sign forms online and it is so tricky to do a signature with a mouse!

    Keep up the great work!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.