Wednesday 26 September 2018

Collage


We were learning about plastic and how it kills the sea environment. We made a collage with ripped up pieces from OLD magazines! We drew our animals and then we had a choice of  painting or using some pastels to colour our animals. I found that sticking the animals on our collage was hard and also starting off on putting the ripped magazines on.

On our collage we have stuck on a humpback whale, a tropical basking fish, a crayfish, a dolphin and two penguins.  The colours that we used for the humpback whale were blue and black, the colour we used for the crayfish was orange,the colours we used for the tropical basking fish were yellow, orange, black, red, blue and green. The colours for the dolphin were light blue, dark blue and also black.                                                

Our contents were the beach, the ocean and the sky. We also had an island, a cliff with a water, a sun and mountains. I think it was not hard but took a big period of time to get it finished. I liked making the collage and thought it was fun and also I liked how we had to collaborate in groups.
                                                      

2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Isaac. I am a student in Room Manukau. I like the way you are using rubbish to make birds. It made think of all the dead birds outside my house. Maybe next time you could make more than 2 birds. If you want to take a look at my blog, it is here: http://wpsisaack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sophie here! Thanks for the helpful comment. Hopefully I will be able to go on you blog in my spare time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.